Thursday, January 1, 2009

In with a Bang!

Happy New Year! I know that it's kinda lame to take pictures of fireworks because they are so dang hard to take and so rarely turn out well but these are some of the results of early this morning/late last night. The Danes have a thing for big fireworks on New Year's. Everyone buys their own big rockets and sets them off. This first batch is of some of the ones we let off in our front yard.





This next batch aren't quite so impressive because I just couldn't get the timing right. But they are pictures of our surrounding horizon line. Most of them are from my bedroom window. They kept going off sporadically till maybe 2:30 or later. I don't know for sure because I was asleep.


4 comments:

Barb & Sean said...

I think those are the best pics I've seen (not taken by a professional) of fireworks! Good job! I can tell they were awesome. Do you have snow over there?

Unknown said...

No snow. But it did snow a bit yesterday and the forecast says there's more on the way today.

Sarah said...

Happy New Year Sara! I love fireworks; it looks like there are good fireworks for sale there. Those are BIG fireworks for the front yard!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year!! Only 4 1/2 more months till you come home!! Yippee!!