Monday, January 26, 2009

Stateside

For those of you reading this who aren't members of my family, I feel sorry for you because you're not a part of this great thing. I don't very often brag, but I am constantly amazed by and grateful for the members of my family. Don't know what I did to deserve them but it was a good move on my part.

The first stop on this trip was a stop with Michelle in NJ. It was so much fun. As you can see, these kids are adorable! We did do fondue on Sunday (I didn't post that picture because the flash didn't go off and it turned out really yellow). Then Shellie & I stayed up talking, I loved it! Thanks Shell, Steve & crew!





On Monday I rented a car and drove to Palmyra--about 6 hours. The car I rented turned out to have been rented previously by some smokers (what a treat for me). I drove most of the way with my windows cracked. When it finally got too cold for that, I pulled over and bought a vanilla tree and opened the whole thing at once. It actually did a pretty good job of at least running neck 'n neck with the smoke smell.

While in Palmyra, I got to go the the Grandin Building (which I missed last time). I was kind-of wondering what could be there (I mean, didn't it all happen in the grove?). But the visitors' center there and the tour that they give is pretty great. If you're thinking of skipping this one, don't.

I decided that I needed a picture of Mom and Dad. I thought it turned out pretty good. I love spending time with them. Thanks for the time talking.


Early Thursday morning I was off again, driving another 5 1/2 hours to get to Arlo's. Don't worry, my driving was exceptionally safe. And I didn't even fall asleep! That's a pretty major accomplishment considering that there's no way I was over jet-lag by this time.

I sure do feel like it's too bad that I had such a short time in all of these places. I had such a great time! Arlo & I stayed up talking to the wee hours (one thing we're all pretty good at). As you can see the one day that I was in Poughkeepsie was Pirate day. And what a cute pirate we have here! Sorry that I didn't get any pictures of Tyler--he didn't get home from school before I left and I forgot to take pictures the night before.


They make such great friends!
I sure do love seeing my siblings (including in-laws) and their kids--although I do think that I look a bit like I've not had enough sleep--'member, this was a whirwind trip, I kind-of can't believe that I did as much as I did.
When I got back on Saturday I sure felt like now that I'd travelled for a week, I could sleep for the next week. No such luck.

4 comments:

El Scorcho said...

You were here and you didn't make the 27 hr roadie to see us in your vanilla smoke vehicle.
I promise that if I am ever in Denmark I will travel how ever far I have to to see you.

Lynette and Anthony said...

I think you look beautiful!!And I totally would have been a good driving buddy :)

Rebekah B. said...

Arkansas isn't even 27 hours...more like 20...next time, stop by the Ozarks...the smokey/vanilla car would fit right in.

B & J Weston said...

Great pictures, great time. Hope you are here again