Monday, July 14, 2008

Travelling



Saturday and Sunday are a blur to me now. Pretty much it was just one long day of getting on, sitting on and getting off of planes (with waiting in airports in between). Although I was supposed to go through Chicago and then Amsterdam, when I got to the airport in Salt Lake, they informed me that all the flights in and out of Chicago on Saturday were having major delays and I wouldn't make my connection to Amsterdam. So, they changed my whole travel plan and I ended up flying to Denver, then to Washington D.C., then to Frankfurt, Germany and finally to Copenhagen. That one extra leg made it seem lots longer to me and I ended up travelling for about 24 hours total. I got to Copenhagen at 6:15 Sunday night. My layover in Germany was five hours--that was probably the worst part because by that time I was totally and completely worn out and more than anxious to be done flying. But these are some fun pictures of the chocolate bar I bought in the airport in Frankfurt and me eating the chocolate! (Aren't you all jealous?)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sara -

I'm glad that you made it safely, and I'm glad that you've already started posting!! I hope it continues!! Have fun!

Lynette and Anthony said...

I miss you!! I know I haven't seen you in over a month but I still do. Also I talked to Kim just as she was pulling away from the airport, sorry I missed you! I'm glad you're enjoying the chocolate! Please continue posting :)

Ex Libris said...

glad you made it.
i miss you all ready
i've been collecting stories to tell you...

Diane said...

Woo Hoo! You made it. I hope the chocolate made up for all that travel! Keep us posted. We miss you!