Friday, July 11, 2008

Skirt-Sewing Fiend

So, for the last week and a half I've been sewing up a storm. I've made five skirts (plus four of my already existing skirts) to take with me on my adventures in Denmark. Here are some pictures. I don't know if you can tell, but the pink one and the striped one have a little extra ruffle on the bottom. The rest are just the regular straight A-line skirts. Obviously the black one is long.










So, it's kind-of crazy to try to condense my whole life into two suitcases and a carry-on. But I've made a valiant effort and if I've forgotten anything at this point, it might be just too late. One of the hardest parts is considering the fact that I have to be a girl for all seasons--yep, that means big coats, boots, and swimsuits too! And although some of you may disagree, this is definitely different than packing for a mission--I have to take a whole lot more than just missionary clothes--I'm a regular person this time. Dad will be glad to know that I've narrowed the number of shoes down to just nine pairs. I know that sounds like a lot but it's really not when you consider Sunday shoes and regular shoes and boots and sandals and you have to have brown and black of almost all of these.

I'm also having a bit of a dilemma leaving all of my books and movies, but that's a whole other story--how am I ever going to do without them?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update and pictures!! We are so excited for you, and are going to miss you like crazy!! I hope the traveling goes well!

Michelle & Steve said...

Now I'm anxious for the first Denmark post. I don't like this period of unconstantcy (I don't think that's a word, but you know what I mean)!!