Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

I've been thinking that I really like Thanksgiving. What a great holiday, I mean, it started from two ethnically different groups of people celebrating the ways they helped each other out. Another great thing about this holiday is that there isn't a whole lot that the commercialization sector of society can do to ruin it. There's no stress over what to give someone or what you're getting (don't get me wrong, I love a good gift as much as the next gal but sometimes it can be too much) and the decorations aren't even that different from the Halloween ones (similar color schemes at least--unless you go way into the scary stuff). It's a whole holiday about eating good food, being with friends and family, and taking a moment to think about all the things/people/situations that you're grateful for. What could be more uplifting than that? Yup, this holiday is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I am a bit sad that I won't get to help my mom and sisters whip up a cooking frenzy the day before and the day of the feast--not to worry, I'm grateful for those memories, and am looking forward to having a great time this year! Since I won't see any of you on this gratifying day, let me know at least one thing you're thankful for in your comments.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sara - remember last Thanksgiving? We (when I say we I mean YOU) had a nice guest over... :) Oh the memories...

I'm thankful for the support of family and the gospel!

Rebekah B. said...

Who was the nice guest you had over last Thanksgiving?

I'm thankful for email, and the ability it allows us to communicate with those so far away from us!

Diane said...

I'm thankful for a son leaving on a mission in a couple of weeks, because as soon as he leaves I can quit crying.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I'm also thankful that I don't have a "nice guest" over this year.

He was a guy that Rachel worked with Recently divorced, seven kids--I was his first dating experience AD (after divorce).

Barb & Sean said...

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that guy. Glad you didn't end up with him! I'm thankful for a new cell phone which has no dead spots in my house (at least that I know of)! The cruise sounds awesome; I've sent people on that one & would love to go on it! Any seasickness?

Unknown said...

Nope, no seasickness for me--one of the kids had a bad night but the rest of us were fine.

Michelle & Steve said...

I'm thankful for my sister Sara who is in Denmark. She is such a globetrotter, and I am proud and amazed that she can do this without breaking down in tears everyday. I'm also thankful that my sister Sara has called me from Denmark a few times so that I know she is doing well!

B & J Weston said...

I am a little late looking at your blog. But I am thankful for great memories with our daughter Sara and many more in the future. Love Mom
I am thankful for my wife and our family. Love Dad