Saturday, September 6, 2008

Feeling the Loss

Just wanted to let you all know that I am aware that I've now missed the first week of season previews. I don't know if any of you can truly feel my pain. I've tried to watch them online but because of international laws & stuff, the shows can't be streamed to people out of the United States. (Daniel, I checked Hulu and they say they're working on it but no cigar as of yet.) I know that most of you have more of a life than me so you may think this is just my worldly nature coming out--but if a single girl doesn't have her shows, what has she got?

Some of you have asked if I've been homesick at all. Well let me tell you, there are times when I think, "What was I thinking? I know that I love being surrounded by my family. I loved the majority of the people that I worked with. I must be crazy." Especially now that Lynette and Anthony are back and Joey has his mission call, I'm realizing all that I'm missing and it hurts. So, mostly I try not to think of all that I'm missing (this doesn't mean that I don't want to know--that would really be worse). I don't really like to complain, so I probably won't write much about homesickness any more--also, it seems to make it worse or more real or something if I write about it. I just wanted you all to know that I miss being there (and "there" means "wherever you are") even though I am having a great time here.

3 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

Well, since we don't have cable, we have also missed the first week of season previews, so I feel for you! We think about you often, and wish you were close enough to come visit!

Rachel said...

Our TV isn't working, unless we watch movies. So although we don't feel your pain regarding season previews - Paul is feeling the pain of not watching College Football.

Also - I just heard the newest Rascal Flatts song the other day, (I really liked it) and I missed having you close, so I could call and talk to you about it. When you get back we'll have to go to another concert together!

Barb & Sean said...

We miss you too! We're glad you're there, experiencing Denmark, but we love having you here too!