Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sixth Graders do Learn

So, I'm here and I don't know how often I'll post but hopefully as often as I have something to say. I love reading the stories about my nieces and nephews.

I'm a sixth-grade teacher and this is a cute story that happened the other day. We are in the middle of putting on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night and are practicing and memorizing lines every day. One day towards the end of the day there were a few papers and a pen left on the floor and I asked, "Who's papers are those?"

One student answered, "Alas, those are not my papers!" in a plaintive voice.

I laughed and said, "Did you just say, 'Alas, those are not my papers!'?"

He said, "Yes, I did!" then we all laughed and continued cleaning up the classroom to go home. I guess that they really do internalize some of the things they're taught.

4 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

Cute story! I'm so glad you are blogging! Do you remember the conversation we had about you making a blog? You said you might do it when...

Remember? :)

Unknown said...

Yes, I remember, but I wanted to comment on Sarah Alaine's so I had to sign up and I needed a break from doing my homework.

Barb & Sean said...

We're so happy to have you join the blog group!

Rebekah B. said...

Alas, tis good of you to join us.